Saturday, January 7, 2017

My 2nd DOT TO DOT Challenge.

I decided to do the same challenge again and see what I would come up with.
I used this side of the box this time.

Added texture with used tea mixed into gesso and white paint.

Added strips of material...used light colours this time.
Added a smaller piece of cardboard and texturized it with the tea paste.

Sprayed 3 colours of ink so that it would run down the piece.
Stamped dots with metallic purple paint and added decorative masking tape.
Again used what Jacqui Myles had sent to me.

Finished piece after adding the Shakespeare quote and the bamboo pieces.
Also used the coffee and edged the piece with purple gelato.


Thursday, January 5, 2017

Dot to Dot challenge from Joan Mannix

I used a laundry powder box as the substrate. the beads were mixed into gesso to create a texture paste and spread on the cardboard.

While it was still wet I added random strips of material and adhered a smaller piece of cardboard on top. This piece was texturised with gesso & copper paint.

Next step was to use 3 colours of ink and add drips to the background and to also add decorated masking tape. The tape came from Jacqueline Miles in a swap.

Next is the textured object I used to stamp black ink and copper paint.

The focal point had to be 1 to 3 pieces of metal or wood. I embossed my metal pieces with an embossing folder and went over it with black ink and then gold embossing powder as the ink wouldn't dry.

Next was to add a quote from Shakespeare, ink around the edges of the whole piece and to finally splash coffee mix on the piece. This didn't show up but it smells really good!!

Looking at it now I might go over the embossing with black paint?? It does look better IRL though.

Here is a better photo of the metal piece

Sunday, November 27, 2016


Days 26 and 27

Added some modelling paste through some stencils and didn't like the result.
Added more Printed napkin pieces to cover the stenciling.
Also added some wax paper.

Saturday, November 19, 2016


DAYS 24 & 25

Not much change...just added sewing pattern tissue to get some black lines and words.
Also added some more napkin pieces.
Also added some yellow and gold powdered pigment...spilt the yellow so it is kinda strong at this point!!
5 days to go...quite hard now!!

Thursday, August 25, 2016

#AASG30daychallenge - DAYS 21 & 22

Day 21 - Stamped some napkin layers with a script stamp and added that here and there.

Day 22 - Added more torn napkin pieces - leaves and subtle flowers.

DAY 7 - 2nd & 3rd Canvases

Added torn music paper, orange acrylic splatters and some stamping with white acrylic.

Added tissue paper, napkins & some stamping with black acrylic paint.

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

DAY 6 - 2nd and 3rd canvases

Added pieces of napkin

Added pieces of napkin